Thursday, April 05, 2007

Pride comes before the fall

I'm so bummed right now. The last few weeks have been a blur with mid-terms papers and excessive readings. Then today was my last day before spring break and I finally got back my first grade on all of my work this semester. It stunk when I saw a big fat B-/C+ was circled in Red on the last page. My Prof. had very few corrections on the paper but told me I had a few week spots (luckily no holes). I did talk to a few other people and no one got anything higher than a C- but that doesn't mean that everyone in the class didn't get a grade higher than that. I'm feeling very dumb right now. Luckily he is giving us extra credit options but I hate not doing well from the start. Oh well. I guess in it's own way my B- is incentive to try harder and prove I can succeed.

Other than that my Birthday was fun! Andy took me to a hotel downtown and then I got some birthday clothes. What is it about shopping that can make me happy? In the remake of "A star is Born," starring Judy Garland, she explains that when anything big happens in her life, good or bad, she washes her hair. That is me and shopping... just not as regularly because clothes are a bit more expensive than shampoo. haha.

Next week is spring break and I am heading home to my parent's house for some R&R! My mom teaches English at the High School so maybe she can proof my finals.

Hopefully everyone has a great Easter Sunday! And if you were doing Lent- have a wonderful feast of whatever you held off on. I'm keeping my Lent up for a little while longer. It was nice to cut out TV so I'll keep at it.
God Bless!
Amber

4 comments:

SuburbanMom said...

Holy Crap! No one got higher than a C-? that would totally annoy me. I hope he brings the curve up. I'm down here in so cal studying my arse off! :) It's good to "see" you girlfriend :)

Buzz Stephens said...

Speaking of Judy Garland, here is an exciting and popular new group on Yahoo called THE JUDY GARLAND EXPERIENCE. The group features hours of ultra rare and unreleased audio files by Judy, great photo’s, lively discussion, and more! The membership has the most ecletic gathering of Garland fans anywhere and includes Judy’s family members, friends, people who worked with her and saw her perform, directors and producers of Garland related projects, authors of Judy biographies, historians, and more! The only thing missing is you. Please stop by our little Judyville, and check it out, you may never want to leave!
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

Scott said...

Sounds like a lot of work that I no longer have to deal with.

I just realized I accidentally dropped you from my links when I converted to the new blogger. Putting you back as we speak!

Jada's Gigi said...

Ugh..school! No wonder I never went back...lol
Hope your Easter break was great!