Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Book Club

It's the New Year and a resolution was in order- so I joined a book club! Not that I am not doing enough reading as it is, but this is recreational and will broaden my horizons. The first book is called the Sportswriter. Actually, I had never heard of it so I am excited about something new and invigorating. I need an invigorated new year!

Another new thing in my life is my job. I had to quit working at the Preschool, that I had worked at for 5+ years, in order to get a job closer to San Francisco (An hour and a half drive is less than ideal haha). So I am going to be subbing at schools in this area and nearby districts which works very well with my schedule. I think what I am most excited about is getting experience with multiple schools and learning new techniques for teaching.

Lastly, my husband has told me he is going to teach me how to use Photo Shop! You see I am great at paper scrapbooking yet am clueless as to how to digitally scrap. I can't wait! Plus he promised me a digital camera very soon! (I think he is actually doing himself a favor because it will save us money in the long run). It's sad how technically unadvanced I am. :)

So here's to a new year full of new things! Cheers!

6 comments:

Raina* said...

Holy crap!!!
You're back.
And now I'm all caught up on the comings and goings of the past year of your life.
lol
I scrolled down to the beginning of your news posts and when I saw that picture of your nephew, I thought you had a baby.

Raina* said...

Holy crap!!!
You're back.
And now I'm all caught up on the comings and goings of the past year of your life.
lol
I scrolled down to the beginning of your news posts and when I saw that picture of your nephew, I thought you had a baby.

Scott said...

Enjoy Photoshop. I learned how to use Illustrator many moons ago, and was blown away at what I was able to do in a short time. Learn from your husband, then pick up a book and go through all the essentials. If you are like me, you are just going to love the power it gives you to create beautiful art that you thought only the professionals could do.

And thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

amberdusk said...

Raina-
Yeah I'm back:) You made me laugh when I read your post. No Baby for me though. Some day soon though I hope. We will see!

Scott-
So you have worked with Photoshop? I think I might have to pick your brain a little when I hit a wall, if you don't mind.

Scott said...

As much as I'd like to help you, I only briefly used it years ago. Illustrator is a different product that has similar functions, but even Illustrator I have mostly forgotten. But for a while there I could make three-d buttons and globes with shadows and such. It was really cool. But I'm a programmer and not an artist, and what we don't use we lose.

Jada's Gigi said...

Hey...good for you joining a new book club! and the job thing sounds perfect for you. Its so nice having you around again! and there's Raina...I haven't checked in on her in ages! lol however Scott and I are bloggin buddies..