Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New Year!

A year has gone by and I have been thinking about updating this guy. At the very least so as I can force myself to keep my writing flow. My classes have gone well and my GPA is slowly creeping up much to my delight. Although I have had the bad fortune of having a retiring teacher each semester that doesn't seem to give a flying *&$%. It has resulted in a B- both times and you have no idea what a B- does to me. On the whole though I have enjoyed all my classes. Each class teaches me something new (yeah I know that's the point) and I find myself feeling dumber the more I learn. How strange it has been to find out how big the world really is and at the same time how connected everything is. I'm still trying to make all of the connections.
I am taking a Shakespeare class over the winter break and can I just say- I LOVE IT! I never knew how much I could appreciate the man. I think it helped that this last summer I went to Santa Cruz with my friend Dena to see Shakespeare in the Redwoods. We bought a glass of wine and a Portobello Mushroom sandwich each and then trekked down to the outside theatre. It was a well done production and I think that it started this new found appreciation for Shakespeare. I added to my "100 things to do before I kick the bucket" list- a trip to see a Shakespearian play in the actual Globe theatre. I have been by it twice but not yet been in it. Well that is all for now but it is good to be back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're back!
Ahaha

amberdusk said...

HAHAHA! How did you know? Strange.