Saturday, September 17, 2005

Happy Saturday!!!

I love saturday's! I slept until 10am this morning! Usually I am up and out by 6 so this was way good. Anywho, I decided I am going to start a list of things to be done by me before I die. "100 things to do before I die" will be the title but I am unclear as to what those things should be. So I went online and found a few lists that were good but I want more random things than, "Go to Las vegas". Suggestions, anyone?
One thing I found, totally seperately, was a type of campground that is treehouses. How fun would that be to sleep in a treehouse! I built a tree house as a kid and it was very cool but I never slept in it. One day my brother and I went out while it was raining and got in it. The aroma of the wet dirt and trees filled the tree house and I remember just sitting there in silence with him. good times, good times.
Another thing I want to do is go to Italy. I did a book report on it once in Junior high and ever since then I am obsessed. I already have my travel books read and highlighted.
O.K. so:
1. Sleep in a tree house.
2. Visit Italy (let us make it more specific- Visit Italy for, hopefully, a month but no less than 2 weeks)
(next two added on January 15th 2006)
3. See Aurora Borealis or the southern lights (arctic lights?)
4. Visit Amsterdam per Chris' suggestion. (Better than Paris she says)
----------------
In other news-- I passed my freakin' math test!!!!!! YEAY! You have no Idea what an accomplishment this is for me. I am not a math person in any way shape or form. I am a list person :) And I also like to consider myself an emotional and creative person but definately not a math person. So Yay for me.

7 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Hey, congrats on the Math test! I know what you mean, I'm no math wiz either!
AS for your list of ideas- great plan!..I've sort of made one of those in my mind. Maybe I should write it down so I can check things off..I'm a list person too. :)
Italy is on my list..2wks at least! And Australia or Africa (I like to travel)a month for either of those.
Sleeping in a treehouse sounds pretty cool too. :) One on my list is Christmas in NY City. I love NY and have wanted to go for the holidays for years..maybe one day with all the kids and grandkidslike in "Home Alone 2" haha
Another thing on my list is to buy a cabin in the mountains...I know...big goal, but I like to make things happen and I'm very serious about this goal.
smaller on the list...hmmm well I hope to sing in a concert choir again one day or if I'm brave enough...audition for a musical before I'm too old to dance..lol...enough of my lists...:)

amberdusk said...

I got an "A" on the test!!!!
Jada's Gigi- I like your ideas especially the auditioning for a musical. I used to do a lot of community plays but I have been out of the loop for about 4 years now. I miss it and plan on it again soon. Also, Christmas in New York! Why didn't I think of that.
Another thing I am going to add is a cruise to Russia... but I am cheating because I plan on doing that in may.

honkeie said...

I want to start a "list of things to do before i die" but I dought I will make 100 things lol. Congrats on the A, I am skool for buisness and love every "A" I get. Funny thing, I never got A's until college...makes you go hmmmmmmmm?!?

amberdusk said...

fer sure! I never got A's until then either. haha

Eff Off said...

Whoo Hoo for you on your test! :-) Congrats!!!

I love your list idea. I'll have to start working on mine, but I'll post 5 here to get started -

1) Travel to Africa, Italy, Spain and Australia.

2) Start a literacy program for adults. This is really high on my list.

3) Open a gift store with my mom. It's a dream of hers and I want to help her make it happen.

4) Learn to speak Chinese. I used to be able to speak Chinese, German, Spanish and Korean when I was 6 or 7, but then I stopped using it with my parents and now I can only speak Spanish. I'd really like to give my future children the gift of being bilingual.

5) Own a beach front home. There is no place in the world that I love more than being at the beach.

Fun post! :-)

Motherhood is Here said...

I SOOOOO LOVE TREE HOUSES. My dad made one for my sister when we were little...and we played in that thing so much. It was awesome. I remember when my dad cut down the tree that the treehouse was in....just like 2 years ago...and I wrote a song about it. something along the lines of "take me back to the time when love was cracker jacks rings and other such things"

Motherhood is Here said...

awesome on the math test.! I suck at math !!!! I had to take an aptitude test today for that interview and there was this question on there remotely related to a math skill....I somewhat freaked.