Wednesday, September 07, 2005

School

Well I made it through another day of school. I went and worked at the prechool for about 4 hours and then got talked into staying on. (I quit last week) Today was the second day of school and the new little guys were so cute and sooo sad. Now sad doesn't mean the same thing to the same people. Some of these kids were silent and heartbroken criers and then other ones were MAD! I like the unmad ones because you can talk to them and win them over VS the mad ones who will scream louder if you come close to them. It's the same every year and by the middle to end we are dealing with all new issues.
Now on the other hand, the older kids were everjoyed to see me again and I was so happy to see them. It was hard starting a new year without a classroom after having taught for 5 years but I am glad to be finishing up my degree. I am glad too that my job has been so understanding. I added a picture of my garden that I did with the kids last year. The garden I did this year just bloomed about 5 of the sunflowers with a few more on the way.

4 comments:

Eff Off said...

Awww... change is bittersweet. It's hard to leave what you know but I'm sure the future holds great new adventures. I love the garden. How fun for the kids - I'm sure they loved watching it grow! :)

Motherhood is Here said...

Hi. You commented on my blog and agreed with some of my sentiments which totally made me feel better just that someone was brave enough to agree. You are a really pretty person. It seems like even though (seemingly) you come from a conservative background that you have definitely stretched your horizons and are making a significant way for yourself. That is great. Family of 10? Woah. How was THAT? (I took sign language as my foreign language in school...the teachers were all deaf so it was interesting) I only know my alphabet now though. Well, good luck with school. School sucks. It truly does. I am glad to be over with it. But then again I feel compelled to keep going so I can keep up with the ruling standardized top 10 in society. Anyway. Have a great week. Anna

Virginia said...

I can totally relate with you on the "getting talk back into" teaching. I taught preschool too- pre-k 3 - and adored it. It's so hard to turn away from those little guys. :) I hope this year with them is fun ... and that the angry kids get over it soon. ;)

amberdusk said...

You guys rock! Thanks for all your kind words.