Sunday, October 09, 2005

Off the beaten path

So Andy and I were talking today about all the things we like and Andy said to me, "I have been feeling lately like I want a change. I don't know how to describe it but something new... maybe a new hairdo or something like that, I dunno." To which I replied, "yeah, I have been feeling like a change needs to happen too." After talking for a while we decided that we need more things in our life that are less mainstream. Not that there is anything wrong with that because I love my Nordstrom but we need something unique. The joy of discovering something on our own or doing something less covered by everyone and thier mama. Andy wants to find some local bands and find a favorite. I think I would like to find random things to do in San Francisco. (We have already done the whole interesting restaurant thing). I still feel like I need something way different though! We are planning on moving into San Francisco in January (we are accross the bay now) and I think that will be a big change but still.

Well, less than a week until my sister-in-laws wedding. Things are crazy and I am still working on the song. On top of it all I have my 4th math test this Friday and I start volunteering at the school for the deaf on Wednesday. Now volunteering dosn't sound like too big of a deal but I have had 2 interviews to get in. They had it narrowed down to 3 of us for awhile. They are very selective I am told because of the importance of teaching the kids proper ASL (American Sign Language). I am thrilled to get this opportunity to work in the community at the same time as getting this amazing experience.

Ok I am ready for another week..... I think :) Happy Monday all ya'll ;)

12 comments:

Gina said...

Volunteering is one of the most giving of things you can do. I really admire anyone who does it. That's what the world needs more of Amber. You should be very proud. Happy Monday to you too!

Colleen said...

ooo...i love seeing local bands. i really admire you for volunteering...learning sign is on my list of things i want to do, and my u is starting to offer classes next semester free to faculty. happy monday

Eff Off said...

I think we all need a change once in a while, and it is awesome that you guys talked about it. Sometimes people don't and that can grow into someone worse. Chris and I are going to chk out a local band tomorrow night. It's fun to just get out of the house once in a while and do something as a couple. Keep us posted on your adventure (if ya want) *wink*

And I'm so jealous that you ar moving to the city! I love it there and totally miss the diversity to things to do. Lucky girl!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Well, I hope you both find something fun and unique, change is always good. :D

Your move into the city sounds great! It's on my list of places to visit :D

Yoda said...

"I still feel like I need something way different though!"

You could go to some foreign country for a change. No, not talking about Europe ... that's somewhat similar to the US ... go to say ... India! Two weeks of hot curry and you'll be all refreshed :-)

Raina* said...

I think this itch comes from the weather. For me, this time of the year ALWAYS makes me want change. (And I started with a haircut tonight...)

But yeah, I understand....change is good. We're itching more than ever to move into a new place, or have a baby or buy a new car....something, anything.

Scott said...

I highly recommend a move to the city. You will not be disappointed. I lived in Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and Fairfield; I worked in Mountain View, Petaluma, Foster City and Walnut Creek. But nothing could touch the ambience of the city, where I lived for almost 10 years. If we could afford it, we would live there tomorrow. You will enjoy it, and you will find the change that you are looking for. Dress warm.

SuburbanMom said...

Hmmm, interesting things? Do you like to walk? A nice (but fairly long) walk is if you park at Blackie's pasture in tiburon and then walk along the water (there's a path) you go into tiburon and then you can sit at Sam's or Guaymas (they both have decks on the bay with the most spectacular views). Have you ever done that?

And that is so cool you are moving into the city! where do you live now? are you near me? (I'm in Orinda)

amberdusk said...

Whew it's only Tuesday and I am wiped out! Thanks guys for the love:)

Gina- You are the best! I always look forward to your comments. I start tomorrow so wish me luck:)

Colleen- That is so cool your university offers it! Take it-- it is so much fun.

Mai Tai- Thanks:) Andy and I talk a lot because it's an important thing for me. I can't wait to hear about your local band visit! Oh and Come visit any time!

That goes for you too Alexandra!

Yoda- Hmmm.... India sounds like a good place to go but I am a very non-spicy eater :( I plan on going to Russia in may on a cruise. I hope that will be amazing!

Raina- I want to see your hair so post it soon, K!

Lena- I can't wait to jog a few days a week with you! I missed our outings:) Oh and get your man a job in the city and we can be neighbors.

Scott- I hear from Andy daily about how chilly it is there (he is commuting now until we move) So I am looking forward to expanding my wardrobe.

Katherine- I wish I lived in Orinda! I live in fremont now and plan on getting even more crowded in when we move to the city. Seriously, I am going to love it:)

Beth said...

I loved my days of volunteering. They were my happiest times!

Motherhood is Here said...

Change. Is in the air. I took ASL for my college foreign language. So you are fluent? I am not. I still only remember the alphabet. And do you write music or sing? You said you were finishing a song? or working on one? I am glad to know that you and your husband are both moving forward to new things TOGETHER. That is cool. I haven't posted on my blog in a few days because I have been so boggled down with life. I, myself am just trying to find my way. Whatever that is. Anna

Jada's Gigi said...

Change, good change or not so good, can be wonderful..it can keep you young, keep you in love(you gotta hang together:) and certainly keeps you on your toes...
not to mention - gives you a more cosmopolitian view so you can write cool blogs lol