Saturday, October 01, 2005

Food

I love food! Today I am totally devoting myself to food. I am going to start this morning by making a menu for the next week and then a list of things to buy... I love lists too! I plan on heading off to my three favorite stores, Whole foods, Safeway and Costco to pick up all the things I need---and then some. Oh yes, I am an impulse buyer. Impulse buyers of the world UNITE! I fight it the whole time I am there but yet something always finds its way into my cart. Andy usually gives me the look and I give him the bottom lip.... and I win:) Oh, I am bad. Maybe that sounds like no big deal, but for me it is usually a Nordstrom gift card that you can pick up at the registers any more. After we get back Andy is planning on firing up the grill and making me and my in-laws "Chinese Spareribs #5 with a Teriyaki glaze" My mouth is watering now. Why #5 you may ask? I don't know but I am guessing it is kinda like Chanel no. 5. Number 1-4 was not that great but #5 is perfect!!

Today is such a beautiful day. Outside it is overcast and I can tell it rained last night by the water in little pools on our Patio table. The smell of fresh earth after a rain is the best! How can you be depressed after smelling the grass and dirt after a rain? I just want to roll into a blanket and drink my tea-vana while watching an old movie. It won't be fun to grill tonight but Andy loves to grill rain or shine.

Two more things to add to my list of things to do in my lifetime...
3. Visit the Pyramids in Egypt. My friend Allen just came back from there and he said they are Ginormous.
4. Go snorkeling in warm waters and maybe swim with dolphins. I see dolphins as almost like big cats- Sounds strange but WHATEVA.

Ok I know i am on a roll today but one more thing, Everyone must see the movie Crash. It blew my mind AND the Editor for that miovie must get an award. I am a little partial to editors since my Andy is one. But just the story line was amazing and I started looking for the character that I could most relate to. I think in some aspects it was Sandra Bullock's character. I am not filthy rich (even though I plan on being haha) but many of her later emotions I could relate to... not appreciating the people in front of you and other things. You just have to see it. It is a chick flick and a guys movie all rolled into one. In fact the sexes might fight over who it belongs to.
"peace out" - Kip from Napolean Dynamite (I think I just gave it away that I am a nerd, Oh well)

17 comments:

amberdusk said...

Oh I am bad, A little more product pacement please! haha I am just so excited today.

Jada's Gigi said...

You are on a roll today. lol
I hate food...I hate always being responsible for dinner..who appointed me the meal guru??
I just want to eat out...yeah..all the time..:) I'm too efficient to have to actually stop in my long lists of things to do and actully prepare food! And no, food prep is not on the list! LOL (can you tell I've been making menus and dinner for 30 yrs? I think it probably does show a bit) (I'm just so over it.) Although with my hubby on a very strict diet these days, I'm really still doing a lot of it just not so demanding trying to please so many...just us to please now...and the doctor. have a great day with your blanket and movie.

Gina said...

I'm a nerd too ...and an impulse buyer (impulse purchase of the day: a fly swatter for my husband's collection), so I'm totally relating! (and oh, do I love food).

Scott said...

Amber - First, thanks for the kind words about my short story. You really gave me a boost of confidence.

I am with on on the smell of fresh rainfall. I think I'm happiest when it rains, so I don't have to feel guilty about being indoors.

Crash was awesome. I can't say enough about that movie. I don't have a clue about editing, but the story itself was pure artistry. Anyone interested in writing a dramatic story of any type should study the script.

I finally saw Napolean Dynamite, since everybody has been quoting it. I wasn't as impressed by it as everyone else seems to be. I'm showing my age here, but John Huges has the corner on the high school market.

amberdusk said...

The weekend was fun and full of food!
Cheryl- I don't cook as much as I should and I bet if I did I wouldn't appreciate it as much. You should check out one of the links on Gina's blog for menu's. I bookmarked it on my computer.

Gina- You look so much like my best friend from Jr. High thru College in your profile pic... the crazy thing is her name is Gina! I love that you bought him a fly swatter for his collection.. good stuff.

Scott- Keep Writing.
I am glad you agree with me about Crash. That movie was awesome and the editing must have been hard to be that effective with relating to each person and catching all the emotional and facial subtleties. The interesting part for me was how each person throughout the movie showed an alter ego. EVERY ONE! That was a trip.

Gina said...

Thank you for your kind words about my son. I deleted that post b/c it sounded pretty pathetic afterall. Thanks for helping cheer me up!! Have a great Monday.

amberdusk said...

Gina- I noticed you had but I have been there with the post deleating. Sometimes I just need to vent but then later I am done:) No big.

Gina said...

Totally NOT bugging me: ) It took me forever to figure it out so I'll be delighted to help.

I tried to send the HTML but for some reason it won't let me in this comment box. Shall I email you? I'll give you all the details. : )

amberdusk said...

Hey Anita- WELCOME! I am a big lover of food and always up for something new:)

Eff Off said...

Food lover - CHECK!
Impulse buyer - CHECK!
Fan of fall and fresh rain - CHECK!
Pouty lip to get what you want - CHECK!
Napoleon usage - "LUCKY!"

Hee hee... love this post. So many things I can relate to. How I need to go chk out that movie. I can't even rememver the last time I went to the movies... sigh.

amberdusk said...

Mai Lian-
Lucky you.... Crash is out on DVD now:)

Spirit Of Owl said...

How can you be depressed after smelling the grass and dirt after a rain?
Well as it happens I can be, but ok, ok, I think I know what you mean - because it is a smell of life. Real life. And growth. Like forests to the eyes, eh? :)

amberdusk said...

It's because I am reminded there is still good and beautiful things out there:)

Spirit Of Owl said...

I know what you mean. Earth smells good. :)

Motherhood is Here said...

Crash? I will have to watch that. Is it in theatres now? So what does Andy edit? That is cool. I love smells too....and the smell after rain. And I SOOOO love food. I miss being cooked for. I'm not really a cook. My mom used to cook every single day predictably. It was great. I don't know if I will ever be one of those cool women who know how to make people's mouth water. Wait a minute..that didn't sound good. Well, you know what I mean. Hope you had a good dinner. Anna

Unknown said...

Hi Amberdusk! You wrote a comment in my blog at this address and just said "Bueno!". I can't get that word! What did you mean with "bueno"? One word gives not so much juice for me :P

Greetings and thanks, your nice!

Beth said...

I love lists. As for Chanel, I preferred number 17, go figure. I'm allergic to perfume and parfum so I can't do more than a whiff anyway. =)

I really enjoyed the movie "Crash". I thought it was well done, well written, but pretty shocking in some spots.